LZX Gen3 Modular Releases 2021-2022

Apologies if this has already been asked but do we have any time frame on when these will be with dealers? Brexit has made international shipping a bit of a pain. To quote Stewart Lee “I only wanted bendy bananas & now there’s this chaotic inferno of hate!”

1 Like

The usual pattern is that the UK gets deliveries of new modules some time after the US distributers. I expect no change with the gen3 modules, but we’ll see.

It will be very helpful to know when shipping to distributers might begin. This year? Early next year? Some of us will need to sell modules or other gear to buy the new modules. Even a vague road plan with no dates will help. Where are we now? Can we wait until the new year before selling anything?

Regarding shipping chaos, this makes ordering direct from the US ill-advised. I will only buy LZX hardware from a UK shop, where stocks are very low for everything. When the new modules arrive, I expect they’ll sell out very fast. I’ve seen that happen before. It may be the same in the US, but its worse for LZX products than for other brands.

So everything is scarce, except anxiety. We have endless supplies of that. I’m focusing my patience by inventoring the modules I expect to sell over the coming years. Gen3 finally makes my endgame possible, thanks to the dc power solution.

3 Likes

Dealers are part of the order queue, along with non-dealers. All orders are shipped on a first-come-first-served basis. Be sure to check with your preferred dealer for anticipated arrivals of LZX inventory.

3 Likes

Only one dealer here seems to have any LZX in stock. I’m still waiting for Chromagnon and TBC2, but I guess I’d better start selling modules now. Thanks.

1 Like

I want Memory Palace and I see you released some more. Will this work with Gen 3? And do you still recommend getting it?

Gen3 will work great with Memory Palace–especially once the new Memory Palace firmware has been released.

5 Likes

Sweetness! I’ll get one then. Thank you :pray:t2:

Looks like SMX3 is about to ship. Do we know which order numbers are shipping?

1 Like

All existing pre-orders for SMX3 are expected to ship by the end of the coming week (December 3rd).

6 Likes

Still making knobs for SMX3, so not all orders have departed.

Here is a spreadsheet Lars made to give y’all a detailed snapshot of current Gen3 production. This is where LZX is currently–the spreadsheet most likely won’t be updated to reflect progress on these tasks.

11 Likes

Will you continue building SMX3 for regular inventory once the preorders are fulfilled? I think this is the case with FKG? I was paying off a Mempal when the preorders went up but would probably pick one up if they are in stock soon.

1 Like

The goal is to keep everything in stock. We’ll see how possible that is once Chromagnon final assembly begins, but we’ll try!

5 Likes

Awesome, I definitely prefer prioritizing the Chromagnon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is the updated LZX Gen3 Status Report:

17 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Thanks for the transparency, looking forward to more things later this year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Just seeing this now. Thanks Chad! Super excited for the bright future of LZX. The dark clouds of a long winter are clearing – literally and figuratively.

2 Likes

hey Chad! are there any more updates on the Gen3 status? curious to see how things are progressing since the last update in March.

3 Likes

No updates. We’re still on schedule to deliver DWO3, DSG3, and ESG3 before the first day of summer. TBC2 should start shipping around the same time.

11 Likes

awesome! that’s enough of an update for me :grin: