LT1256s for sale? / Group Buy

Hi All

I’ve just purchased some of the Visible Signals Gainbrain boards and need to buy some LT1256s for them, the price break on Mouser makes buying 25 about the same price as buying 15. Does anyone either have some spare or is interested in joining in on a small group buy? I need a min of 4 LT1256s (or LT1251s would do) but would probably keep 10 if I went for the group buy, if anyone is interested in bumping the numbers up to 25+ let me know.

Ollie

2 Likes

All 25 accounted for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man that was quick! Good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

While Analog Devices no longer allows samples of the DIP versions of these, you can still get SMT packages as free samples and SMT to DIP boards can be found for very reasonable prices in bulk. Not a perfect solution since you’re adding more copper into the mix and not everyone is into SMT soldering but still a heckuva lot cheaper.

1 Like

True, I’d forgotten about free samples! Wonder if it’s feasible for the next Gen of DIY modules to have both through-hole and SMD footprints for key video components

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, it seems the Gen3 DIY offerings will be primarily SMD for components and there will be pre-populated options if SMD isn’t your thing.

1 Like

Is this European centered group buy ?

1 Like

Yes UK but I needed them quickly so I’ve already ordered! Will have 3 or 4 spare if you need.

1 Like

thanks should be good on my side, was just for future stock.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see someone has taken the initative to do this @phosphenes and you’ve sensibly created a thread, I should of done the same but I’m happy that a few people saw my posts when I posted a similar action about a month ago in a couple of relevant threads.
@hdd , I’m in Berlin and have plenty of #LT1256 ICs left. The #LT1251 flew off the shelves in comparison. I can link a couple of people here or send you a message regarding references if you like. I’ve sent some to another part of Germany, to the Netherlands and also to Italy.
I wish I had some obvious tips to offer. Well ok, don’t cut those long plastic tubes with ICs down at the far end thinking 10cms is enough of a gap. I haven’t messed that up but I saw an old boss trust the job to a new colleague and it got a little messy trying to straighten those savagely bent legs :wink:
Happy soldering and module building everyone, hope the builds boot up first time :star_struck:

1 Like

PS. If anyone in the UK or elsewhere has some Sterling balance on their Paypal and needs some Euros to help lower costs by bypassing the currency conversion fees, please write. I only need £16 today but more is always welcome and will be used when Thonk gets some things I won’t back in stock for instance.

& here’s my own post for Tall Trimmer pot knobs & coloured switch or slider caps :grinning:

1 Like

I recently tried out the tall trimmer pot knobs for the first time, and they really are excellent! Definitely better than the T18 micro knobs which are a bit slippy by comparison.

1 Like

Bump

I’ve got 9 x LT1256 that are surplus to requirement for builds if anyone wants to buy some, I’d rather they were being used to create some video mayhem! All unused, purchased from Mouser in January 2021.

£9 / $12.50 each + postage from the UK.

Get yourself some Visible Signals Gainbrain’s built!

2 Likes

I’d almost take you up on it if they were LT1251 ICs, those went fast but I’ve still got a few 1256s to use. You’re in the U.K., right? Just asking for the sake of clarifying.

1 Like

Yeah in the UK, I’ve edited the post to clarify thanks for reminding me ahah

Well if you change your mind let me know :wink:

1 Like