DJing with live visuals

Hey folks! I’ve been DJing since the mid 90s, and just started integrating my video synthesis system with live Twitch streams.
Here are some highlights, enjoy them while they last. I’ll upload full copies someday after they expire in the coming weeks. Expect to hear Braindance, Acid, House, Techno, DrumFunk, and some Jungle. :crazy_face:
808 Day
Acid House focused stream from 8/07
FRC 2020 virtual campout

5 Likes

Hey Dr Rek, Dr M here from Tremendm Labs, clicked your link to check ya out and aparently we already follow you haha, I turned on the notifications to catch your next live session. We do live hardware visuals with music on Twitch also, if you have the time check us out at Tremendm LabsTV on Twitch. Cool content, thanks for posting!

3 Likes

Hey folks, I did another live AV mix for the Unison 8 streaming event. Mixing tracks in Serato and creating live visuals with my video synthesis rig. Check it out when ya can, good time party vibes with some House and Acid and tings. Dr. Rek - AV mix - Unison 8 on Vimeo

2 Likes

Doing an AV set again tonight. 7 pm PST on Ambient Mafia twitch. Expect downtempo, braindance, and ambient with live video synthesis.

:partying_face::vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Archive here, this went great! FKG3 killing it on the compositing magic with two memory palaces and a vidiot. Also Diver, Pendulum, Hypno, Structure, Bajascillator, Fluxus Duo, and AutoWaaave all up in the mix. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Another live stream coming up Sunday with a short live DJ and visuals set, and the premiere of Rek’n It 003 with RELMS debut live performance and my visuals.

4 Likes

Archives are up on YouTube :partying_face::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Playlist for a full day of entertainments

5 Likes

Did visuals for DJ CZ at Chillits last weekend. My personal AV set from Chillits post coming next week. Both sets feature DSG3 and other Gen3 modules throughout. Very happy with the DSG3 and Mapper combo, infinite rainbow shapes!

5 Likes

Looking good! Nice to see DSG3 and MemPal hanging out with the AI Furbies.

2 Likes

Lots of DSG3 Mapper rainbows in my set from Chillits, I used a less complex patch with Sensory Translator, Baja and Pendulum mixed in Submixer into DSG3 > Mapper > ESG3 to focus on rainbows for this Friday Night performance the night before the above CZ set.

3 Likes

First test, trying to add to the forum thread, adding a current live test of some of my lzx stuff,… please delete my post and let me know where to post if this is out of form. thanks again

1 Like

(12) LZX - YouTube
that should work for the yt link

2 Likes

Welcome. Your flower power video looks great!
This thread is for discussing “DJing with live visuals”, so you might consider sharing in the gallery thread:

2 Likes

I need a solid recommendation for a converter for ESG3 to HDMI projector for an upcoming live gig, (Component/YPbPr to HDMI). Performing at the Music Box in Nola, if anyone’s been. I saw photos of the projections for the Meridian Bros. a couple weeks ago and the place looks amazing.

Hey! Probably better threads for that discussion, but best thing I’ve found so far (if you are fine with 30 fps, which is fine for almost all live performance situations) is this one: CVH-01 V2 - SmartAVI

A converter that supports 60 fps and 10-bit color, I’m still on the hunt

I need a component to HDMI converter, from ESG to projector.

Yes you will find most component inputs on converters and video mixers need the vga to rca component cable. This box should work with one of those. They come in 3ft and 6ft Monoprice 6ft VGA to 3 RCA Component Video Cable (HD15 - 3-RCA) - Monoprice.com

Confusing. So is a cheap RCA to HDMI converter not a good option? Does the ESG3 have problems w the YPbPr outs v. the composite out? Do most venues have projector setups w HDMI inputs only? The handful I’ve encountered recently do. What is the solution for VJing w ESG3?

Or there are lots of cheap Chinese options like this on Amazon

Color is 8-bit, and I’ve no idea about quality, but probably worth checking out one model or another with free Amazon returns.

I can’t confirm it will work with esg3 but could. Anyone tried these type?