Cadet and other modules

hi, so I finished building the Cadet modules :star_struck: (super excited) and am now thinking of the next module :slight_smile: but am not sure what would be the best fit. Any recommendations? I am hoping to get to something at the level of the vidiot but can’t afford that and prefer DIY :slight_smile:

1 Like

More Cadet Processors, Multipliers, Faders or Hard Keys will really open up your possibilities. More Cadet VCOs won’t hurt either but my money is on the first three mentioned.

2 Likes

have you built one of each or the cadet 21 system? - there are multiples of various modules to better handle rgb

this may give you some ideas

otherwise take a look at the castle modules - which are very interesting - again multiples work well - 3ADC and 2DAC + other modules if you wan to process all rgb signals

another possibility is non-video eurorack modules (inc diy) for example - I regularly use a doepfer distortion/waveshaper to add a little something to my video signals - Make Noise Maths and Mutable Instruments Stages for modulation - I’ve even run video signals through MI Clouds before now

generally the analogue modules are more likely to work with video rate signals

1 Like

Look at the Castle and Sandin projects. Also, there are some other designs out there.
see here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_gD4TorwvAdN2dGNzdvUENETVk

1 Like

the triple function generator project on this forum is about to happen that seems like a good place to go next!

2 Likes

I spent a couple of years trying to figure this lot out before I dived in. It became clear that Visual Cortex (and I assume) Vidiot contain more functionality than you could DIY for the price. They also do it in a way that is very well balanced and considered.
I didn’t really understand how powerful the Cortex was until I got it. I have massively augmented it with Cadets, Castles, a Staircase and Bridge.
Obviously, this all depends on the direction that you want to take your creativity in.