4MS Quad Pingable LFO

Just got a great price on a 4MS QPLFO, very excited to have a new modulation source in my system! Thought I’d start a thread to see if anyone had any tips and tricks for using it (mostly to help contain my excitement before I get home).

One thing to keep in mind is the sensitivity trimmer on the back that sets the voltage threshold level that “pings” the lfo. This can be adjusted down into the 0-1V range so that LZX signals can trigger the lfo.

I had a related problem when I got my QCD. The sync out from my drum machine wouldn’t trigger the clocks. I adjusted the sensitivity trimmer down until the sync signal began to trigger and everything began working. Much fun, enjoy!

2 Likes

Also another thing to keep in mind is that you may want to attenuate the output. From the specifications:

Bipolar/Unipolar jumper:

• Setting jumper to Bipolar makes the outputs -5V to +5V
  • Setting jumper to Unipolar makes the outputs 0V to +10V
  • One jumper controls all four channels
1 Like

Thanks! Yes i’ve got it set to +/-5V and literally just finished reconfiguring my cadet scaler to be +/-5V to 0-1V. Having a lot of fun with the QPLFO so far!

2 Likes

The manual has a few good tips for cross modulation, or if you have another modulation source then cross modulate it with the QPLFO.
Clocked modulation is fun, we all like repeating patterns - but make sure they’re not too repetitive