[ORDER] 4x3 Matrix Mixer

lovely!

A quick reminder to people building the matrix mixer:
if you don’t do the MODS, don’t forget to link/bridge the MOD points as described in the BOM.

3 Likes

Howdy! I would like 1 PCB&Panel set, Please.

I just got my PCB and panel in the mail yesterday, I’m really looking forward to assembling it this weekend!

1 Like

As a note:
This kit will be available in some shops soon. :star_struck:
I have pcb’s, panels and kits in stock too!

5 Likes

I just made a very cool feedback patch with the Matrix Mixer and my Monotropa feedback EQ module. I’ll try to capture it better soon (my cable was too short), so for now it is a screen capture.

Description : filtered video feedback loop with voltage control over the ‘whiteout’.
The movement is done with a MN Maths, into the Monotropa input

3 Likes

I’m working on a new version which has better MOD possibilities, in form of a large header and a Expander panel.
The GAIN options can be set with jumpers when the Expander is not used.
The GAIN settings for the INV channels might be updated too.

Another option is to add all these functions on the main panel. this would require it to become a stacked project with a main pcb and a pots pcb. , or a larger panel. Not sure yet what direction I will go with this.

5 Likes

Here is a glitch feedback patch with the Matrix Mixer and the Syntonie VU002 frequency doubler.

5 Likes

and some abstract camera feedback:

5 Likes

These are great stills. What’s your capture method?

The first one is 100% an illithid emerging from from the feedback.

I had to look that one up :slight_smile: nice!

I capture with a Canopus ADVC-100 (firewire) into Adobe Premiere
(forgot to de-interface the frames. but it still looks cool)

1 Like

@reverselandfill
Hi Martijn👋🏼
I’m really curious to hear how development on an updated or new version of your Matrix Mixer is coming along.

I’ve ordered a slightly updated version with a big header at the back for selecting the gain levels with jumpers.
This makes it easy to add an expander panel with some other options too

I am still pondering about a bigger version with switches and maybe ‘overall’ level pots and more inverted channels.

1 Like

I’ve found the mods you already suggested in the build guide are helpful. Soft keying mixer modes for the 3 channels with overall level control per column makes this module shine. I wired up a 20 pin header on mine so I could revert it to normal functionality but haven’t found the need yet.

Would be great to see a version with this built into the panel already and definitely second having inverted inputs per channel.

1 Like

yes . my (small updated) one also has a 20pin header :slight_smile:

The expanded version will have gain pots for each column , switches for gain and 3 inverted channels
I just have to figure out where to place all the switches. most layout work is ready.

6 Likes

The new batch of pcb’s are in (with the 20pin expander on the back)

now you can set all gain levels, including the inverted input, by way of jumpers settings

3 Likes

Do you have pictures of the new PCBs? I’m curious how you routed the 20 pin expander.

1 Like

updated images with correct values & better routings

3 Likes