[ORDER] 4x3 Matrix Mixer

Yeah, that would be great! I’d be happy to share the panel design I come up with here for other folks to use. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’d like a PCB & Panel too please! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The kits are ready. I’ll contact everybody after this weekend.
note: the lm6172’s are no longer offered because I don’t have them anymore … all gone!

1 Like

kit people are all contacted. :star_struck:

the new panels are also in.

hi, i’d like a kit please :slight_smile:

Hi allthesixes666
I’ll add you to the list :slight_smile:

Martijn

Hi allthesixes666

Thanks for your interest in the Matrix mixer
the total for the full kit + shipping = 120 + 15 = 135,- euro
You can use Paypal , as 'friends and family or add 6.5% to the total
reverse.landfill@gmail.com
please mention your LZX forum name!

Or IBAN, if you live in the EU (pm me for details)

What is your address?

All the best, Martijn

Hi @reverselandfill - I sent a pm :slight_smile:

Hi Martijn,
up for 1 PCB,
thanks

Update: I have 1 pcb in stock currently . New ones have been ordered!
@337is : I have your 2x kits ready. Please contact me!

I would like 1X pcb&panel

Take note, because of the holiday season in Italy, the mail service is very slow.
Have patience. The packages will arrive.

2 Likes

@dan.orders and @337is : I have your orders ready. please contact me!

My kit showed up today and it’s an incredibly useful module, especially with the inverted input. Didn’t do the gain or switched amplitude expander yet but will share that here when it’s done.

Look forward to your next module, Martjin!

1 Like

the new matrix mixer pcb’s & panels are just in.
current stock = 23 sets (chaos mode engaged)

I have a question. Will this mix actual composite video signals, like a standalone video mixer? In other words, could this function as a eurorack substitute for something like a Roland Edirol V4 video mixer? Or does it do something else? (Apologies if this is a dumb question, I’m fairly new to video synth and completely new to eurorack.)

No, this is for mixing LZX patchable video (aka “1V”, since signals are between 0 and 1 volts) signals.

Various LZX modules (Visual Cortex, Vidiot, Cadet III) can extract luma from composite video as a 1V patchable signal, but color information is lost. Visual Cortex can decode separate R, G, and B channels from a component (Y/Pb/Pr) input. TBC2 and Chromagnon (and other Automata modules) will be able to decode composite video.

Visual Cortex’s compositor section and Marble Index are capable of a variety of video mixing / compositing functionality with 1V video signals, with video-rate voltage control. As a matrix mixer this module is a bit more like Color Chords – it sums individual signals together, rather than crossfading or wiping between multiple full-color sources as you might do with a video mixer. Matrix mixers have some interesting applications in video and audio synthesis, especially in feedback patches.

2 Likes

@csboling thanks for the detailed answer, I appreciate it.

xmoose eve build success!
thanks for a great module!!!

1 Like

first patch with the matrix mixer!
I was getting some weird artifacts every once and a while that I’m pretty sure was just cables but I’ll have to try it out some more and see if it shows back up

thank you for this wonderful project!

I can imagine how fun it would be to swap around the order of a passage, matrix mixer, mapper combo

EDIT: added a picture of the patch

5 Likes