installing an Orion Memory Palace

Question…

i am considering acquiring a Memory Palace and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any issues with installing it into a somewhat standard modular case.

i have an old 6U Enclave case that looks like it has more than the required 50mm worth of depth for the Memory Palace requirment.

but of course…i need to consider the space lost by an Intellijel PSU.

any insight regarding any issues anyone has had installing one would be very helpful!

thanks!

The issues to consider are mounting depth and most importantly, clean power headroom.

Personally, I’ve had no issues installing it into three different cases: Vessel, Doepfer, & a Goike custom. Each of them has properly specified power supplies that are on the LZX approved power supply list which you can refer to here:

An added wrinkle is that the Vessel makes it easy to power the MP from an auxiliary 12v DC power connector on a barrel jack between the Vessel power supply and the MP. This removes the MP power draw from the Eurorack power bus.

A word of warning: Intellijel power supplies have been reported by some users to NOT be ideal for video synthesis with noise issues being a primary concern. Read this thread for more details:

https://community.lzxindustries.net/t/cases-power-portability/284/4

thanks for the thorough response!

ugh…
modular keeps costing me more and more…
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

so after a few months of trying to be patient…my Memory Palace arrived!
WOO!!!

weird initial question…
(i may have a few more soon as well)
:stuck_out_tongue:
i have a DU-NTSC in the system and when i turn it on the Memory Palace will reboot.
this case has the Malekko Power power in it.
any ideas as to what is going on?

here is a Modular Grid pic of the setup:

a link to the actual rack in modulargrid is 10000 times more useful

I suspect the problem is related to power - maybe you are trying to use too much

doesn’t memory palace have an external power socket? have you tried that?

Hmm. I wonder what the DU-NTSC is doing that the Palace is sensitive to.

i haven’t tried the additional PSU connection.
thanks for the suggestion!