Buffered Mult, is this correct?

A luma encoder! I had the idea after building the Telewizor and thought to myself, the circuitry to the monitor is actually extremely simple. I read through this forum thread and thought it would be nice to incorporate an encoder into the preview.

Being that a lot of the heavy lifting of the design is already completed its more of an opportunity for familiarize myself with KiCad and try to understand how the encoding process works. I’m currently laying out the cadet RGB encoder and planning to normal the RGB channels into the encoder for a monochrome output to CBVS. Once that is done I will start a new thread asking for help from the community to look over the design for glaring faults.

This is the portion of the circuit that will switch/mult the luma in and switch between the CVBS video streams.

Also there were some mistakes here that are updated now thanks to Fox, I have a bit more figuring out to do on the rest of the schematic, mainly using RCA sync instead of 14 pin, so once its not totally messed up I will post the full schem.

2 Likes