We've joined the community and some updates on Structure!

Yess thanks that’s was the one I was looking.
I was just wondering, there won’t be any problem with the structure if the power brick is 15v and 3A?

you’ll be just fine with the linked power brick, no need to think any further.

Waiting for structure i’m thinking about Arturia RackBrute 3U, found several unambiguous opinions on it, what do you think? If its ok what should i do with additional barrel power jack? sorry for offtop and noob question.

I’d go bigger - a tiptop mantis is a much better buy - $/hp - by a long way and you get the full 208hp

also I haven’t heard any info on the noise level of the rackbrute cases - but then I haven’t looked at them - you want much higher specs than for audio (ie lower ripple at higher frequencies) - I have a mantis and it’s pretty decent for video - unless you want a lot of diy modules as it’s not very deep - there are only a few places where some of the diy modules will fit

otherwise the doepfer cases with the PSU3 are apparently good

Thanks Agawell!

One more question, a ribbon power cable… , am I right and it goes with structure module or I should order it additionally?

the ribbon power cable should be included with the module and preferably attached

one thing to be careful with is making sure that you plug the cable in the correct way - check the cable is connected to the module correctly - red stripe on the cable to -12v/redstripe indicator and that you plug the other end in correctly

busboards with keyed headers are an advantage here (mantis has keyed headers)

as long as the supplied power cable is correct of course - I’ve had at least one that wasn’t

Great! Many thanks, Jim!

I had been weighing the pros and cons of Structure vs Memory Palace. I didn’t have room for both. I recently watched several videos on Structure, and the ability to sling some code to “roll my own” shaders, put the nail in coffin on my decision. I’m now a proud new owner of a Structure module, it just arrived this weekend. Thanks, this thing is really dope!

Welcome to the family! the greatest part about all these modules is they work great mix and match as you build your system! Be sure to go over to Facebook and add the STRUCTURE user group, we are always on there chatting about new stuff, also, make sure you grab the latest firmware!!! We are always adding new features!

Rick

3 Likes

@ErogenousTones thanks for the newest update AND the text functions, so useful for our stream.

1 Like