Suggestions for using the TBC2 with a PC

Please see this thread for a recent update:

1 Like

This recent update from 38 days ago on Apr 5, 2023 is the only mention of VGA in thread. Does ‘some fixes’ imply that the VGA + SCART Expander is not currently working?

1 Like

As mentioned up thread, you can get video into VGA/SCART in HD/SD video formats without problem. VESA input support (640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768) is what will be added in firmware version 1.0.2. Does this answer your question? What device are you currently trying to use?

3 Likes

Thanks for linking this, I had missed it. I have had some success with the vga but it is a little inconsistent at the moment.

I had success with the Gieskes VGA oscillator, at I think 600x480 (or whatever classic VGA is)

I tried with a VGA output at 1920x1080 from my video converter feedback device. This was not recognised.

Normally I use a VGA to video converter on the VGA output of the feedback device so I know it is outputting a stable signal, it’s more stable than the composite output : )

1 Like

I don’t know about any of that VGA stuff, expander stuff, etc.

But the best way to get the full range of possibilities for PC → LZX is:

1. Set PC output to a proper broadcast standard. E.g. 1920x1080 interlaced @ 59.94 Hz.

2. Convert HDMI to YPbPr, plug into decoder RCA inputs. Note that DisplayPort and DVI outputs should be able to connect directly to an HDMI input with passive adapter or cable.

I am using a fairly expensive broadcast switcher to do the D → A conversion, and my decoder is the Syntonie VU003B, but the basic concept is the same.

5 Likes

I use the best buy insignia brand HDMI to NTSC (RCA) composite converter. That’s how i go from PC into visual cortex. I get full color by converting the composite to component. Not the most elegant solution, but I like it.

1 Like