Pacific Northwest opportunities for meeting up?

Hi! Are there any events video/glitch artists are likely to be at in Seattle or Portland? I know the general modular scene and some video art crews but glitch is a smaller subset and I’d love to pick brains on where someone would get started with minimal kit already.

1 Like

I don’t live in the PNW but check out Modular8’s internet presence. They host meetups every now and again. Would be a good starting point to talk to people, at least. Also BPMC is based in Portland. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8WFj5BXU5WIQ6wb2_qs0Q

2 Likes

Yeah, I went to the Muffwiggler shop now and then, and am familiar with Modular8 and the Volt divers, modular video is a bit nascent so i’m unsure who to speak with in the area still. BPMC is definitely there, but I’m unsure what he organizes locally!

1 Like

Lzx is based in Portland. They organize ‘video mixer’ events with a few other places like lumen and I believe bpmc.

2 Likes

OH! I vaguely recalled them being elsewhere, but according to the internet they moved in 2015, so I’m not surprised I somehow missed the move.

I wonder how to get in the know for those events.

1 Like

Slowly retreating from shell and interested to know about Portland/Seattle video art ongoings.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with any Seattle video specific events… but i am in the Seattle area if you’re looking to start one! :slight_smile:

There are ton of video art folks here in Portland, but no regular events. Cathode Ray Consortium used to organize some meetups (mentioned by Phil earlier in this thread) in pre-Covid times, and I just checked in with Jason today to start some initial conversations about restarting something like that with support from Synth Library Portland. Will post here with updates!

2 Likes

Neat, thanks! With enough notice i’d be happy to make the drive there.