Pacific Northwest opportunities for meeting up?

Hi! Are there any events video/glitch artists are likely to be at in Seattle or Portland? I know the general modular scene and some video art crews but glitch is a smaller subset and I’d love to pick brains on where someone would get started with minimal kit already.

1 Like

I don’t live in the PNW but check out Modular8’s internet presence. They host meetups every now and again. Would be a good starting point to talk to people, at least. Also BPMC is based in Portland. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU8WFj5BXU5WIQ6wb2_qs0Q

2 Likes

Yeah, I went to the Muffwiggler shop now and then, and am familiar with Modular8 and the Volt divers, modular video is a bit nascent so i’m unsure who to speak with in the area still. BPMC is definitely there, but I’m unsure what he organizes locally!

1 Like

Lzx is based in Portland. They organize ‘video mixer’ events with a few other places like lumen and I believe bpmc.

2 Likes

OH! I vaguely recalled them being elsewhere, but according to the internet they moved in 2015, so I’m not surprised I somehow missed the move.

I wonder how to get in the know for those events.

1 Like