Memory Palace V19 Firmware Release March 2020

I’ve never able to get anything going through the alpha or aux inputs on my MP. Does anyone have any tips? Generally working in Warp mode, and nothing I patch into those inputs seems to do anything. :-/

How these inputs work is conditional on the settings you have in the main menu page.

When the key mode is set to alpha it allows you to use an external key instead of luma or chroma keys.

The rest is in the Aux Mode, which controls alpha opacity, vertex mesh, or vertex spatial resolution. Patch some oscillators or ramps into aux and alpha and play around with those latter two modes, you’ll have a blast! Make sure to use the Aux slider.

4 Likes

when using the mesh stuff do yourself a favor and put some kind attenuation before the alpha input

I find it is so nice to use the AUX input and have control over the amount of the signal going to the effect

I use the bored brain splix so as to not tie up anything extra in the rack
koma cable these work too but I find the bored brain generally works better over more of the range of the slider

2 Likes

I’d be really interested in a firmware setting or hardware modification that would allow this. I can live with it but it would be nice to not have turbine sounds. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m probably just not very good at searching - but where does it say what features are new in V19? Can’t seem to find that info anywhere.

The Memory Palace User Guide has a description of the current (V19) features.

1 Like

When doing mesh stuff do yourself a favor and put a Doorway before the alpha input :smiley:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks! :slight_smile: Do you have any more MP tutorial videos in the pipeline, by any chance? :slight_smile:

Yes, there will be a full module walk-through when V20 is released.

5 Likes

Woho, awesome! Thanks again. :slight_smile:

I noticed the option for 5V scaling on the VC inputs seems to be gone on the latest firmware (I only see 0 to 1 and -1 to 1). Or am I missing it somewhere?

1 Like

Also thank you @Genlok and @wednesdayayay for the alpha input tips! Finally wrapping my head around that action. Appreciate the help :pray:

1 Like

any idea when v20 will descend from the heavens?

1 Like

Soon! Have you tried the beta release?

1 Like

Is the newest update “memory palace v2.0.1 beta”?

i have not, super tempting, how risky is it?

Zero risk if connecting via USB, slightly riskier if removing the MicroSD (but still low risk).

^yes that would be me damaging my MP by removing the MicroSD card! It was stuck and wouldn’t dislodge when I tried pushing/removing so I thought it was a ‘pull’ instead of locking. That damaged the locking mechanism. yeah so now my MP is sitting at LZX awaiting repair!! So might want to just try the USB route :slight_smile:

i have a question about stills and the memory palace firmware.
will it ever be possible to use a parameter (e.g., aux or delay) to scroll through stills while in warp mode?

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the upcoming firmware.

9 Likes