LZX 3rd Generation: 2020 and beyond

There will be another round of Staircase production, so there will be ample opportunity to get one before it goes away. It will later be replaced in the Visionary MKII series.

5 Likes

Now pop Curtain as a last run on the production list & we’ll all be happy knob wigglers :wink:
Is there’s a planned replacement for it or will it be merged into a mixer module? Somehow I’m reminded of the opacity function on the Colour Chords but I’ve never tried either so that explains my daft statement.

1 Like

All Cadet and Expedition concepts will be replaced in some fashion. Curtain’s specific replacement will be decided after TBC2/MmemoryPalace/Diver firmware updates and the Chromagnon production push. Expect announcements in early 2021.

7 Likes

Any idea how many HP the VBM Mk3 will be? Just trying to plan filling my case and want to leave enough space for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is too soon to release any specs for Visionary MKII modules.

3 Likes

Is there another batch of Arch coming yet before EOL or did that already happen?

1 Like

That already happened. It won’t be too long before a replacement arrives.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since someone posted here but about 20hrs ago Lars posted something on Facebook that I think is relevant to this thread. Here’s a couple of Screenshots from the post as well as the URL.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/lzxindustries/permalink/1846070795564232/?anchor_composer=false

3 Likes

Rad! Thank you for sharing. I like how there 5v barrel connector is integrated on the PCB. That makes a lot more sense than having to remove the top board to use the barrel supply.

2 Likes

A couple more screenshots from the above post & comments on Fakehook.

1 Like

I can’t help but see faces in objects :grimacing:

6 Likes

Flipping this one 90° to the right makes it look like a silicon dragon :dragon_face: :joy::dragon:

@Rik_bS Well spotted! :+1:t3:
Definitely the 12HP in black in the upright position has eyes & a cringing​:grimacing: mouth :joy:

1 Like

Amazing how excited I got about a 3D render of a non-existent module! Really looking forward to when the Chromagnon has shipped and we can all start GASing for a new set of modules :joy:

2 Likes

About time we can get our hands on the chromagnon.Also looking forward on details about the solarium and spritechild.

2 Likes

Lars commented on a Facebook post about a week ago. I’ll only include a screenshot & the image he uploaded but I’ll copy the text tomorrow once I’m on my PC. Here’s a link to the thread.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/lzxindustries/permalink/1857301897774455/?anchor_composer=false

9 Likes

Dropping some other WIP leaks from Lars via FB here. Not sure if they’ve been posted here/elsewhere on the forum yet.

The earlier two are from January. The last one is from this week. Interesting to see how modules develop over time (okay, only the Matrix is in all of them; but can also compare the earlier encoder sketches with what Rob posted above).

A lot of exciting stuff coming up!

19 Likes

The standalone dual gamma module is a really great idea.

5 Likes

wow, a lot of interesting module names! I can’t wait to see all functions :star_struck:

3 Likes

I‘m almost more excited about the verbs modules than chromagnon,solarium and spritechild.Give the cat some hugs from me.

4 Likes

looks like pretty nice desktop background

1 Like