As consummate and intentional novices with every step we take, we here at 48HourVideo like to go about new experiences as though we’re children.
In that vein, please find enclosed in this candlelight-penned letter the issues and solutions we’ve experienced con la Memoria Palacio:
Problem #1: When using “BOOT FROM SD”, MemPal screen shows startup splash and firmware version, but nothing more.
- Solution: Set rear panel switch to Internal Sync while using BOOT FROM SD feature to verify boot. (Or connect valid sync with External Sync enabled).
The videomancer @kemble-48HV with the aid of his party mates clutches the nearest sync cable while meditating on a massive metaphysical 20sided die. ‘Sync applied?’ Is heard faintly in the distance as the d20 explodes into powerful and beautiful luz de Memory Palacio.
Problem #2: Windows file transfer error using front-panel USB connection, resulting in a frozen MemPal interface, stuck on the USB interface screen. On system restart, MemPal screen shows startup splash and firmware version, but nothing more.
- Solution #1: Hold rear panel “BOOT FROM SD” button while powering on the device, with device in Internal Sync mode. If that doesn’t fix the problem, remove SD card from system, reformat as FAT32 on a computer, copy latest firmware. Return card to MemPal, hold rear panel “BOOT FROM SD” button while powering on the device, with device in Internal Sync mode.
- Solution #2: Verify that there are no hidden files on the SD card. Delete if found. Suggested to use 'Clean My Drive 2’ on OSX.
Problem #3: XY VC inputs are producing unexpected results.
- Solution: Cycle the CV Scale option on Page 2 to return normal XY function. Will need reapply at every Memory Palace startup/power cycle.
Problem #4: VC inputs do not respond to incoming signals.
- Solution: Power cycle the Memory Palace.
Problem #5: Still image in Memory Palace gains artifacts (on our system, thin blue horizontal lines) when an external media player (connected via Visual Cortex decoder) is power cycled. Possibly through Sync?
- Solution: Power cycle the Eurorack case while leaving the external media player on.