[ORDER] šŸ“ŗ Castle build run!

hello all! saiteron with Teleos Modular here again. due to the overwhelming success of the Cadet build run - which began in July, ā€œendedā€ in August, re-ended in September or so after building many more Cadets than expected to meet demand and actually truly ended for me just yesterday when i finally built the last Cadet for my personal system - iā€™ve been hard at work building every video module i can get my hands on including the Visual Cortex Expander by @luix , the Matrix Mixer, Triple Function Generator and CMIX by @reverselandfill , VU001-004 and CBV001 by @syntonie , the YRGB Mult by @Fox and the RGB Matrix Mixer, Gainbrain, Video Mult and Dual Distro (and soon Wrangler and more) by @VisibleSignals of Visible Signals. wanted to give a shout out to all you brilliant folks before going any further because 1) itā€™s amazing to see the creativity of this community manifest in such awesome modules, 2) everyone needs to know about them, and 3) iā€™m not quite sure i wouldā€™ve survived 2020 without you all. :clap::pray::raised_hands:

anyways, now that all the Cadet mess is finally (mostly) through (except for those Cadet system vids i still need to get around to making :sweat_smile:) it seemed about time to take the obvious next step with a similarly-sized Castle build run! iā€™ve already got a few folks on the waitlist from a few months back (iā€™ll be reaching out to you all in the next few days) but if youā€™re not on there already and want one or more Castle modules please let me know. as with the Cadets iā€™ll determine the prices once iā€™ve ordered parts and started building them but assuming there are no ultra-expensive ICs or anything on the BOMs these should fall in a similar price range to the Cadets ($100-$200) and iā€™ll see what i can do about similar bundle discounts for multiple Castles (or Castles + other modules, gear and accessories from my shop). prices will include shipping within CONUS but iā€™m willing to ship anywhere in the world if you cover the shipping fees.

the biggest difference this time around is that because the Castles arenā€™t in short supply, iā€™m more than happy to continue building them even past the initial run! prices for units in the first run will likely be a bit cheaper as the cost of parts drops when bought in bulk but if thereā€™s enough interest for another run beyond the first i can try to match the prices moving forward. but thatā€™s a bridge weā€™ll cross when we get there.

based on initial estimates i should be building the first Castles of the bunch as soon as the last week of January. iā€™ll choose the order to build them in based on demand and waitlist order, and orders will be shipped as soon as theyā€™re built (and paid for, of course), soā€¦ who wants to hop on the waitlist? :eyes: send a message if youā€™re interested!

3 Likes

The Castles all use readily available chips. The only slight gotcha is to make sure you use the HC variants (as specified in the BOMs, and not substitutes with other infixes like LS) to ensure you get the sharpest quality signals.

2 Likes

thanks for the tip! :grin:

:confetti_ball: ORDERINā€™ TIME! :tada:

woo hoo! after many delays and a whole lot of soldering iā€™ve got the first batch of these mostly built, soā€¦ orders are now open! iā€™ve got a few pre-orders to fill over the coming days but not enough to leave any of the Castles out of stock so if you want a Castle (or two or eight) you can place an order via e-mail at teleosmodular@gmail.com or via PM here on the LZX forums.

thereā€™s a few pricing tiers:

• standard pricing for up to three modules purchased together - these are the leftmost prices shown below
  • discount pricing for four or more modules bought as a set - these are the prices on the right
  • big olā€™ bundle pricing for buying a full set of Castles (or moreā€¦) all together - no individual prices shown, see bottom of list for bundle pricing

(and thereā€™s kind of a fourth tier too but thatā€™s the higher prices youā€™ll find on Reverb so we donā€™t need to talk about those here :zipper_mouth_face:)

i used the word ā€œmodulesā€ above instead of Castles as i do have plenty of other stuff for sale and iā€™ll gladly count any of those purchases towards the discounts as well (except for the Castle bundle which is exclusively one full set of Castles)! you can take a look at my other current, upcoming and past inventory here: https://bit.ly/3aYaY4V

ok without further delay hereā€™s the Castle price list:

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING WITHIN USA // INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE AT COST

$200 / $180 - Castle 000 ADC
$125 / $115 - Castle 001 DAC
$160 / $150 - Castle 010 Clock VCO
$150 / $140 - Castle 011 Shift Register
$160 / $150 - Castle 100 Multi-Gate*
$150 / $140 - Castle 101 Quad Gate***
*** +$10 to either price to add alt chipset for different logic options
$150 / $140 - Castle 110 Counter*
$150 / $140 - Castle 111 Flip Flop

$1100 - CAMELOT BUNDLE (one of each Castle + alt Q. Gate chips)
$1200 - CASTLE DESIGNER BUNDLE (8 total Castles mix ā€˜nā€™ match w/some limitations - PM for details)
$4000 - CASTLE OF THE TEUTONIC ORDER BUNDLE (4 of each Castle?!? srsly i can do this if you want but it will take some extra time. mix ā€˜nā€™ match also possible w/some limitations. PM if interested)

*i havenā€™t finished building these two yet but should get to them shortly. Counter is ready-to-build but Quad Gate had some parts issues and will likely be another week or so.

so there ya have it - let me know if youā€™re interested and weā€™ll work it out! and the waitlist is still open if youā€™d like some Castles but donā€™t have the $$$ right now. happy to hold some from this or the next planned batch or even build more to order later on.

2 Likes

hereā€™s a few pics from my first two Castle testing sessions! most of this is made with Cadets and a few Castles though Diver, Color Chords, Visual Cortex and Bajascillator make guest appearances as well:

P10_0018 P10_0019

7 Likes