This topic presents an introduction to Porter/Duff compositing as achieved in a Visual Cortex System. This example builds on Example: Screen blending with Visual Cortex System. I will use the following modules along with an external video source:
- LZX Visual Cortex
- LZX Memory Palace
- LZX Marble Index
- LZX Bridge
- LZX Arch
- LZX Doorway
- Do I need all of these modules to benefit from this thread?
No, there are a variety of ways to achieve Porter/Duff compositing. This thread hopes to assist in development of compositing comprehension and proficiency through exhibition.
- The following diagram suggests a signal flow to facilitate Porter/Duff compositing.
SRC KEY/DST KEY
SRC KEY OVER
DST KEY OVER
SRC KEY IN
DST KEY IN
SRC KEY OUT
DST KEY OUT
- Porter/Duff blend modes as achieved with Visual Cortex System are appreciated below.
- The following sheet provides a comprehensive reference.
- The following sheet provides a quick reference.
- Keys combined with logic refine compositing control.