Eurorack Glitch Modules

Fluxus Duo pre-order is up.

Will probably have to wait until I’m a little more flush with $$ to pick up one of these guys. But glad to see it finally making it out into the world!

7 Likes

I got mine. Very cool. Anybody want to add it to Modular Grid?

It’s up there but under the other/unknown category: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-bpmc-fluxus-duo

3 Likes

Thank you!!! That’s great.

syntonie.fr works on a eurorack version of the ave mod v2.2… i already euroracked mine as well

2 Likes

Awesome, I’m just in the middle of stuffing the board for my AVE Mod. Do you have a panel file you could share?

yep sure you can load the laser cut files from syntonie on his github:

https://github.com/Syntonie/documentation/blob/master/AVE%20MOD/AVE_MOD_V2.2_Laser_Cut_Enclosure.ai

made this one out of it:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! I’m going to try to squeeze some labeling on there, too.

1 Like

O M G …

Yes!!! 2020 looks like it’s gonna be a lot of fun.
That beast just jumped the the very top of my want list!
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

CBV-001 (Eurorack AVE MOD) out from Syntonie!

Works with both composite signals (in full RGB) and LZX 1v (in B&W)!

He also has some other modules out today too. Available built, as kits, or panel + PCB.

6 Likes

those modules are super cool!
especially the frequency doubler and the component input!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I ordered the CBV001 (AVE MOD) and the freq doubler.

Had to control myself and not go 3x the CBV001. Would be cool to be able to run RGB channels thru them internally in the LZX environment. But kind of had to be realistic about my available rack space.

1 Like

I ordered the CBV001 , VU002 and VU003 !!
these are great projects!

I ordered the quad frequency doubler assembled, and then PCB+panels for the AVE mod and Component2RGB modules. These are going to be fantastic!

@sean thanks for the share and for you order!

CBV001 can process LZX signals, however I kept the signal path AC coupled as on the original archer circuit which is meant for composite, so offsets doesn’t really affects it, and in/out impedance are for composite rather than LZX (input impedance changes with the JFET and CV also), so it’s not really optimized for it, but got nice results coupled with the Cadets and VU. The idea was to keep it simple without adding too many extra components.
VU (Video Utilities) are properly terminated as per LZX standard with 100k to ground at the input and 499ohm in serie for the outputs (except for Composite/Component IO).

A triple CBV001 to process RGB (or VGA in standalone) could be great, I think Phil did something like this for VGA sometime ago. The number of controls on the CBV001 could be reduced (remove stuff that mainly acts with chroma for exemple), enhance is voltage controllable so controlling all 3 would allow for a dirty fade to black kind of thing, then I would love to be able to have the same kind of control on the glitch effects.
Been experimenting with JFET as voltage controlled resistor (as it is done for the CV, which is just acting on the input impedance, changing how much the signal is divided at the input), but this configuration requires a path to ground, so not always easy to adapt to existing glitch effects.

I’ve been processing Component converted to RGB using VU003 with 2x CBV001 and Fluxus Duo, needs some precise setting to have some glitch while keeping a good color balance, but definitely interesting.

Wish you a good build!

6 Likes

Thanks @reverselandfill can’t wait to get to build your boards!

And thanks @Genlok!

2 Likes

Good to have you here!

1 Like

Even (and especially) if things get a bit unpredictable with CBV001, I’m looking forward to it! Judging by your demo, certainly seems capable of some interesting results with LZX signals.

And now curious how its output will look when used as a CV source for LZX modules that have the AC/DC switches on certain inputs.

2 Likes

Just grabbed myself a CVB001. Can’t wait for this!!

2 Likes

My CBV001 just arrived this afternoon and, wow, so far loving the different flavors of edge feedback possible with it. I use feedback a lot in my LZX system, but it often tends towards one specific look. Whereas pretty easy to quickly dial in a lot of variety with this little guy. Great work, @syntonie!

(Above images use CBV001 in combination with Cadet Hard Key, Castle ADC, and Castle Multigate.)

11 Likes